Placeholder issue for any tasks related to Backdrop CMS for https://github.com/mbaynton/cms-autoupdate-design with task list to be eventually formed for any actionable things specific to us.
Everyone's opinion is welcomed, but we specifically seek opinions from the PMC members.
- [ ] #414: The automatic part
- [ ] #1911: Improve update experience
- [ ] #1992: Include digital signatures on packages
- [ ] #2024: Improve security of updates
- [x] #2555: Move
- [x] #3105: Add ability to update Backdrop core via UI
- [ ] #3208: Remove/deprecate authorize.php
- [x] #3271: Expose the Backdrop core update via the UI by default
- [ ] #3714: Installer should check digital signatures.
- [ ] #3008: Symlink to document root causing module update issues
June 2021 update
The Automated Updates Initiative has been very active in the repositories under https://github.com/php-tuf building a PHP implementation of The Update Framework (TUF) with Typo3 and Joomla developers to provide signing and verification for secure PHP application updates. Results will be included with later Drupal releases.