drop's picture

Please use this topic to suggest agenda items for our weekly meetings.

This week we will be having an Outreach meeting followed by a the weekly Dev meeting. 

For more information about our weekly meetings: https://backdropcms.org/news/meetings

Comments

Thanks Tim, I too was thinking of adding that here for discussion :-)

I think we need to discuss the Tugboat situation with core pull requests...

https://www.tugboat.qa/pricing

We're currently using the Plus plan (which sells for $99/month, but I believe Tugboat are providing to us free-of-charge). It comes with 40GB of storage, and we seem to be hitting that limit more frequently. We don't currently have any code in place that automatically deletes preview sites after a given timeframe, but I'm no longer sure that's going to solve our problems anyway. The oldest preview site for core is from 4 months ago. So the issue seems to be simply the sheer amount of PRs we're generating (which is great!).

There is a higher plan ('Premium'), that provides 2+TB of storage, so that'd solve our problems no worries. But it costs $499+/month!

Our options as I see them:

1. Continue using Tugboat as-is, and just delete older previews when we start hitting our limit
  2. Ask Tugboat if they'd consider up-ing our plan (for free)
  3. Decide if we can afford to up our plan and pay for it ourselves
  4. Look around for another provider

I see option 1 as our fallback if nothing else works, and what we'll continue doing in the meantime. Option 2 can't hurt to try (I think, need Nate's feedback on our current relationship with Tugboat/Lullabot). Option 3 is up to the PMC (I've no idea what, if any, funds we have available and if Tugboat is a priority enough to justify spending that sort of money on). And option 4 is likely not going to produce any results, especially since we're currently already getting a paid service for free (but can't hurt to look I guess).

Thoughts?

(Note: I wrote this out in detail since I often can't make it to the Dev meeting until about half-way through, so in case this is discussed before I'm there, these are my thoughts and I'd be happy for someone to read them out on my behalf.)

Olafski's picture

get an update on the Organic Groups "initiative". Are we still making progress? Where is help most needed?

A few notes in case I can't participate at the meeting: