Hi Have added a 2nd image field in my Page Content Type.

The New field is called "Extra Images". I have set a limit of 10 to that field.

I have created a View Block, for this Field,

I have placed that Block into a region of my Page Layout.

But the View is showing ALL images from the Extra Images field, regardless of what page you are on.

For Example if I enter 2 x Extra Images on my About Page,
and 3 x Extra Images on my Services Page, then both pages will display 5 images.

How do I stop the view from pushing ALL images to ALL pages and instead have it only display the images that are saved within the page I am viewing?

Accepted answer

Are you using a contextual filter on your view block?

A contextual filter only shows results based upon the specific context of the page. If you don't have any contextual filter, then your block will show all all results regardless of the specific node you are on.

Comments

Are you using a contextual filter on your view block?

A contextual filter only shows results based upon the specific context of the page. If you don't have any contextual filter, then your block will show all all results regardless of the specific node you are on.

I tried adding a contextual filter but could not understand how to apply one based on the options presented to me?

ah yes I figured it out now. The wording confused me quite a bit and was still just guessing as I fond the descriptions and Titles of the available Contextual filters to be hard to understand but I have it working now. Thank you.

Yes, contextual filters can be very confusing. It took me a while to get used to them and I still sometimes struggle to get them configured correctly.