I have a big "tempstore" table in my backdropcms db. Can I empty this table without consequences for a live site?

Accepted answer

Hi @idflorin! Yes you can truncate that table with (mostly) no side effects. Common things that are in this table include:

• The current state of forms that are in-progress of being filled out, such as the node/add/x or node/x/edit forms.
  • In-progress Views that are being edited.
  • In-progress Layouts that are being edited.

If you truncate the table, any in-progress work will be lost on those things. That is, a user who had started filling out a node form would find they couldn't click "Save" or a user modifying a view would suddenly find all their changes lost. If you are the only user of your site or have a low volume of users actively creating content, you can clear the tempstore table at any time. It's also a useful table to omit data from when doing database exports (along with cache_* tables) because none of the data is necessary for the normal operation of the site.

Comments

quicksketch's picture

Hi @idflorin! Yes you can truncate that table with (mostly) no side effects. Common things that are in this table include:

• The current state of forms that are in-progress of being filled out, such as the node/add/x or node/x/edit forms.
  • In-progress Views that are being edited.
  • In-progress Layouts that are being edited.

If you truncate the table, any in-progress work will be lost on those things. That is, a user who had started filling out a node form would find they couldn't click "Save" or a user modifying a view would suddenly find all their changes lost. If you are the only user of your site or have a low volume of users actively creating content, you can clear the tempstore table at any time. It's also a useful table to omit data from when doing database exports (along with cache_* tables) because none of the data is necessary for the normal operation of the site.