I have a suggestion for the weekly dev meeting on Thu Apr 10, 2025
Over in Zulip we've been discussing entity extensibilityin the context of some difficulties I've run into in the course of porting entity_translation over to Backdrop, namely around the removal of label callback and the Drupal core function entity_language. In Drupal those two things were extensible which the entity_translation module made heavy use of while in Backdrop langcode and label are static properties (even though label() is a method on the node class for instance, just returns $node->title.
Recent comments
Thanks, the /tmp folder was the problem. I moved it elsewhere and then the updated worked. Thanks again!
Update 1.35.1 appears to install but hasn't
Probably not the reason, but worth to do a quick check: Sometimes the update cache interferes, so if something's odd with updates - some module (or core) claims to have updated, but then...
Update 1.35.1 appears to install but hasn't
Nope, not touched any permissions!
Update 1.35.1 appears to install but hasn't
Did it on my end on some sites without problem. I don't know why this update would be different for you. Perhaps some file permission changes?
Update 1.35.1 appears to install but hasn't
The issue with checking for updates in the BackdropCMS dashboard makes website development and maintenance more difficult. I manage more than ten websites hosted by two different providers, one...
Unable to run update - fails with Connection timed out