Hi I'm a brand new Backdrop user, and really liking it very much. I'm using Backdrop to set up a site for our coalition to end private prisons in our state. I'd like to make an attractive list of partner orgs with their logos and links to their sites.
- I started out with partners as a bulleted list.
- I'd like to include partner logos and names as nice neat boxes similar to the screen shots of the triplo website shown below.
- I'm not sure how to do this.
Would someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction?
Below is an approach I tired that works but isn't quite there yet. I could use a bit of help with the finishing touches or perhaps there's another approach to consider.
With guidance from @klonos I tried:
- Creating a new content type `partners` that in addition to tile and body contained a logo and link.
- Create a new node for each partner
- Having created those nodes, create a view that was output as a table.
- This was nice an approximation and works for the time being. Side Note: I'm not quite clear how to format the table (i.e. center it and set border = 0). I think this requires hand coding, which is fine, but not quite sure what file that would be.
Setting view output as a grid rather than table is closer to what I was looking for. However, I don't know how to leave off author information or perhaps make the logos themselves links to the various orgs (see screenshot below). I'm guessing coding this is going to be similar to the table above. Again, I'm not quite sure what file to modify to make these changes.
Anyway, the first goal was to try to create a set of blocks with links to the org pages associated with the logos. The grid output of a view is pretty close. Any ideas about how fine tune this, or insight if there's another way, would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.