After about 3 months, my site is nearly finished. I successfully moved it from my laptop to a different computer.
I cannot get it to deploy to the live site.
I followed the directions in the docs:
Moved all my files to the live site.
Created a database on the live site.
Ran the installation process.
Enabled all the same modules.
Imported the configuration files
-- all worked so far --
Imported the database exported from the local site.
Then the site goes back into installation mode.
Finally got around that (i can't remember exactly how I did that), but none of my content is there.
Then I did another export from the localsite (via backup & migrate) and tried to import that into the live site and I get this message:
"Unable to restore from file /tmp/backup_migrate_ykRSd7 because a file can't be restored to this database. Could not perform the restore."
Been back and forth with this for 2 days - Thought I should ask for suggestions before giving up.