I'm new to Backdrop and my initial impressions are very good.
- Installed on XAMPP with no issues
- Had a quick look around and I can say it's super fast with clean interfaces
- I love that I can search for modules and update core from within my site
- Menu search facility is also cool
- But the killer for me is the layout and I'm so loving it
Couple of clarifications:
- Couldn't find Ban module, was it removed too?
- Any plans to add screenshots to themes?
I'll keep exploring and will definitely provide feedback on my journey into the world of Backdrop.
Keep up the good work guys
Welcome to the world of Backdrop!!!
This world is very interesting and promising.
I'm a regular user, and I'm not a part of the Backdrop developer's team.
I wish to share share my opinion about your question:
"Any plans to add screenshots to themes?"
Each theme in Backdrop contains an .info file.
The folder of the theme - where is this .info file - must contain a file "screenshot.png"
If this is done well, you will have screenshots to your theme.
Read more here:
I have been developing sites with Backdrop CMS for more than 2-3 years. And I always develop my own themes, don't use already made themes.
I never had a problem with screenshots to themes.
Good luck with Backdrop CMS!