With CKEditor4 in core and with the very significant changes in CKEditor5 are there any thoughts or plans on what Backdrop CMS will do?

Is there an initiative to plan a migration to CKEditor5 or to replace CKEditor4 in core with the WYSIWYG module permitting support for other visual editors?

Here is an informative video from May 2021 on the Drupal transition from CKEditor4 to CKEditor5:

Reimagining the WYSIWYG CKEditor 5 in Drupal Core / DrupalCon North America 2021

This illustrates it is a paradigm shift. Is this the direction for Backdrop CMS?

If a paradigm shift is contemplated would a change to a Gutenberg editor be more useful?

Or is it better to support other wysiwyg visual editors?

Comments

There is a tentative plan to start moving to Ckeditor 5.

I can't find the link right now where this was discussed. I did find this issue https://github.com/backdrop/backdrop-issues/issues/4122 but it needs to be updated. The recent changes to Ckeditor 5 to help support it in Drupal also make it easier for Backdrop.

Thanks for the link to the github issue. I have added a comment to that issue with the link to the video. I'm not clear yet on where and how discussions best proceed for Backdrop CMS.