I am reporting another problem related to the installation of i18n on BD 1.22.0.
After installing and activating all modules in the i18n group, the following message appears:
However, on the module page, all are displayed as active. However, the situation is not harmless, the same message appears when trying to start clearing the cache or starting a cron operation.
I deactivated all modules in the i18 n group - the message disappeared and the site is running normally. I started activating them one by one and found that this message appears after activating the Rules translation sub-module.
I have disabled Rules translation and so far the site is working normally.
I take this opportunity to ask another question.
In this site, which will be only in Bulgarian, I don't really need i18n. I install it only because when I have i18n then I have an option in the content type settings to set a mandatory language for the content type and remove the step where the user has to switch between Language neutral and Bulgarian. If the user forgets to select a language, the page is saved as Language neutral and this creates problems with transliteration, automatic inclusion in the menu for the language, and more.
In the next screenshot I show what settings i18n allows and what are missing in the base system. Whether it is possible to add them to the system without the need to install i18n - this unnecessarily complicates the site in the absence of the need for multilingual support.
What is the problem with transliteration? I'm asking because on my monolingual, localized sites transliteration works just fine without enabling "Multilingual support" at all. On
admin/config/regional/languageI set the local language (usually German) as default, and as detection method I choose only the default language. This way, Backdrop seems to recognize which language to use for transliteration rules.
Thanks a lot for the advice! This works and transliteration works properly on monolingual sites with a language other than English. I had not configured right here correctly - "detection method I choose only the default language". I used the default settings, where "Determine the language from the URL" comes first.
This way makes a much simpler and easier to set up monolingual websites.
I would also add that the content translation module should not be activated for monolingual sites - it introduces a language selection field with the default language neutral selected in the content creation form, which I tried to overcome with i18n.
I was guided by work stereotypes learned from the time of Drupal 6. Sometime around that time, Drupal started requiring i18n to work properly with languages other than English.
Thanks a lot!
re the error: "EntityDefaultI18nStringController not found".
That class has nothing to do with the i18n module. There's an existing issue in the Entity Plus issue queue:
There's some work going on there, but currently you probably should turn off i18n_rules (a broken submodule of Rules), as very likely that module causes the error. At least, that's the first thing I'd try.