Hi

This appears similar to another post but that seemed to be solved by changing to PHP7.3 from PHP7.2 and I'm already running 7.3. The error I get is:

Error
SQLSTATE[22007]: Invalid datetime format: 1366 Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x8E\xAF" ...' for column `egtsccou_back721`.`bd63_field_data_body`.`body_value` at row 1

The page is using a content type that hasn't changed . 

If I click "preview" it displays OK.
Cannot save as "Draft" or "Published"

Backdrop 1.27.1 - pretty much vanilla with "Better Exposed Filters" and "Views UI".
I thought I'd the editor to CKEditor 5 but having checked, I haven't.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted answer

The issue could be related to the Emojis in the body field. Can you check the Status report (admin/reports/status) for the item MySQL Database 4-byte UTF-8 support? To display Emojis, 4-byte UTF-8 support must be enabled. If it's disabled, the Emojis could be the cause for the error. (As a quick workaround, try to remove the Emojis.)

Comments

Olafski's picture

The issue could be related to the Emojis in the body field. Can you check the Status report (admin/reports/status) for the item MySQL Database 4-byte UTF-8 support? To display Emojis, 4-byte UTF-8 support must be enabled. If it's disabled, the Emojis could be the cause for the error. (As a quick workaround, try to remove the Emojis.)

The horrors of cut/paste!

Brilliant, thanks.