Hi

I installed 1.23.1 a few days ago via softalicious on a spare site I have and got a basic website up and running. Then 1.24.1 was released so I thought I'd update before I got much further.

I followed the update process at: https://docs.backdropcms.org/documentation/updates.

Ran .../core/update.php which seemed to complete but listed three depracations. Clicked on "homepage" and it said the config_number file was missing critical info. Having checked the contents there is only a readme.md file in the active/staging folders. I took a guess and edited settings.php to use the old config_ file and the site works but a lot of the content is missing. It appears to have lost about a days work.

Any suggestions before I revert to the backup and wait for softalicious to add 1.24.1 to it's system?

Mike

Accepted answer

Restored the 1.23.1 site and DB and did a little more work on it.

Then I got a notification that script update was available via softalicious.

Backedup site and DB via Softalicious so I had the latest. Clicked on update in softalicious which did it's stuff then said I had to login as admin and run updates. Logged in as admin and selected home > run updates from the menu. Same update box came up. I ignored all the instructions to backup website, DB, config and just clicked on continue. Update worked fine. No errors. Clicked on Home and new site was there and running on v1.24.1.

That's about 6-7 clicks to upgrade! Perfect.

Comments

Ah. Having looked in the database. The content is there. So, what I'm missing is the latest configuration for the homepage/menu which is now showing as it was about a day ago.

Restored the 1.23.1 site and DB and did a little more work on it.

Then I got a notification that script update was available via softalicious.

Backedup site and DB via Softalicious so I had the latest. Clicked on update in softalicious which did it's stuff then said I had to login as admin and run updates. Logged in as admin and selected home > run updates from the menu. Same update box came up. I ignored all the instructions to backup website, DB, config and just clicked on continue. Update worked fine. No errors. Clicked on Home and new site was there and running on v1.24.1.

That's about 6-7 clicks to upgrade! Perfect.