Onyx, thanks for the followup.
I'm not able to reproduce, but this sounds like a really serious issue that needs to be fixed. Would you help me try to reproduce? Give me as much detail as possible about your Date field:
- In field type, did you pick Date, Date (ISO format) or Date (Unix timestamp)?
- Go to configure for your field and post a snapshot of all configurations, including the "Global" fieldset at the bottom
- Let me know when this is happening. Since the field is not displayed in the user registration form, I assume this is happening when you edit a user? Is this happening only to admin? authenticated? other?
- What theme are you using?
- Is this field wrapped in any container provided by contrib? (E.g. Paragraphs or Field Group, etc)
I was able to reproduce!!!
It happens when you have a default value for the date. I'll look into this tonight and will create an issue in the main issue queue.