JJmonterey's picture

Added Hero image through UI but image not displaying.

Developer tools shows image uploaded successfully see image below.

Most helpful answers

What you describe reminds me on a similar, recently fixed issue in Backdrop core with inline images. Are you comfortable to report your issue on https://github.com/backdrop/backdrop-issues/issues?

I think your backdrop is installed in the sub folder /newsite but the image path is not relative. To test it out, just remove the first forward slash "/" in the image path and see if you can see it. 

Comments

Hummm...  The hero image block works for me - I assume you followed the suggested minimum size and proportions? 

simone960's picture

I think your backdrop is installed in the sub folder /newsite but the image path is not relative. To test it out, just remove the first forward slash "/" in the image path and see if you can see it. 

@JJmonterey Do you have a `base_url` set in your `settings.php`? That might solve the subdirectory path issue.

JJmonterey's picture

I used chrome dev-tools and yes removing the forward slash exposed the image. On custom blocks (not the basis hero block) I can add an image asset and control this through the CSS., but the hero block is processing this differently  Since I'm running xampp locally, I am placing separate sites in a sub-folder of htdocs which seems to be a requirement. I'm curious if this would be a problem on a backdrop multisite install.