jonathanbrickman0000's picture

I'll be writing articles on my site, including text surrounding images, bulleted lists, numbered lists, indents, et cetera.  Is there a WYSIWYG methodology  for this in Backdrop, or is it just HTML/CSS in a multiline field?

Most helpful answers

Ah, that is very neat!  I figured out how to set up a Content Type for CKEditor, and applied it, and indeed, it seems to do everything I need!

Comments

Backdrop has a 'CKEditor' module (installed by default) which provides a WYSIWYG experience. You can configure it in your text format of choice at /admin/config/content/formats.

You can create a demo sandbox to see the WYSIWYG options that come with Backdrop CMS out of the box here:

https://backdropcms.org/demo/create
(It only takes about 2 minutes to set up a sandbox.)

Here is a screenshot of how CKEditor is configured for Backdrop CMS out of the box:

Additional configuration is possible to expand options. 

klonos's picture

Hello  and welcome to the Backdrop community,

To add to @BWPanda's responce, the version of CKEditor being used in Backdrop is 4.x. You can find more info about it, as well as screenshots here.

Ah, that is very neat!  I figured out how to set up a Content Type for CKEditor, and applied it, and indeed, it seems to do everything I need!