I have a project I'm working on where I have two content types that I need to reference each other, and I can't seem to figure out how to make this work.  The first content type (a venue) has a title and a list of types of events ( a taxonomy). The second content type is for a promoter, who when editing their node, should be able to pick the venue, which is a simple node reference, and then enter the type of event. I want the type of event to be limited to the terms on the Venue node. Does anyone have a thought as to how this might work? 

Comments

Have you had a chance to look at the `references` module? 
https://backdropcms.org/project/references

I think this is what you need. If you need additional help figuring out how to use this module, let us know. 

I believe that this module works very much like the Drupal module by the same name and that documentation for the Drupal module will be relevant.

Thanks stpaultim,

I have the references module installed, and it works to create a list of nodes for the venue. Where I'm having trouble is I want the limited the possible event types to those listed as taxonomy terms on the particular venue node. For instance, one Venue node may have several event types (Wedding, live music, performance, etc) while another may only have 1 or 2 event type. I want to be able to limit the options shown in a select list when someone is creating a node.

I don't have a site open with that module installed, but I seem to remember an option to create a view of the options you want to make available in the reference field. Look for that. 

It's possible that option was provided by another module or a different version of references. 

Well, I've managed to figure out how to do this using Drupal 8 and the Business Rules module(link), but I'd much prefer to do this in Backdrop. If anyone has any ideas, please share!

Wouldnt conditional fields module work here? Dont know, havent tried it.