i do not see it as a module to disable in /admin/modules. is it a requirement for backdrop? if not, how can i disable it?

most delays i see on our website are due to loading fontawesome stuff, based on the browser status bar.

Accepted answer

I don't believe we include Font Awesome in Backdrop core

That's correct. We use FontAwesome as a styleguide for images used both in the Seven admin theme in core, and the Basis front-end theme in core, but we actually have .png images that are being applied (usually with CSS) and we do not load the font.

Some contributed themes can also add FontAwesome. The Borg theme, for example, adds it in template.php via backdrop_add_js().

Comments

I don't believe we include Font Awesome in Backdrop core... Searching the code shows only a few mentions of it, and they're all comments stating that an image included in a CSS file has been obtained from the Font Awesome project. So we don't use/include the Font Awesome library in core.

There is a Font Awesome contributed module. Perhaps you have that installed...?

If not, what exactly are you seeing related to these delays?

jenlampton's picture

I don't believe we include Font Awesome in Backdrop core

That's correct. We use FontAwesome as a styleguide for images used both in the Seven admin theme in core, and the Basis front-end theme in core, but we actually have .png images that are being applied (usually with CSS) and we do not load the font.

Some contributed themes can also add FontAwesome. The Borg theme, for example, adds it in template.php via backdrop_add_js().

thanks jen, i think you cleared it up for me. i forked my theme from borg.