Hello,

I have just built my first Backdrop site (I think the divorce with Drupal was a good move :) - it looks reasonably well now, runs much faster, but there are some tweaks I still need to do. One of them is the following - I have added new content type, which along some description (text fields) contains a field with the file attachment (a PDF file, for what is important). I created a view that collects the content type in a list, plugged it to the menu - so far so good. The issue is - I would like all authenticated users to see everything, including this attachment field, while all the others could only see the description, and not the attachment. I haven't found any option that shows the field depending on the user permissions. Is it possible to do and I overlooked this in the documentation, or it has to be implemented?

Bartek

Accepted answer

Hello  and welcome to the Backdrop community,

Please give the Field Permissions module a go; I believe it will do exactly what you describe.

Once you install and enable the module, you will find a new "Field visibility and permissions" set of options, under the "Global settings" fieldset, when editing existing or creating new fields:

Comments

klonos's picture

Hello  and welcome to the Backdrop community,

Please give the Field Permissions module a go; I believe it will do exactly what you describe.

Once you install and enable the module, you will find a new "Field visibility and permissions" set of options, under the "Global settings" fieldset, when editing existing or creating new fields:

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed :)

B.