Tronico's picture

I did a Drupal 7 migration with some bugs that I could fix, but the gear doesn't work.
Is there something I have to activate?

Accepted answer

Hello  👋,

There have been some bugs in the past where the contextual links were either not shown when they should, or they were hidden by another element in the page. These bugs have been solved AFAIK, but we may have missed something.

That cog is shown by the Contextual Links module, so I would start by making sure that the module is enabled, and that you have configured the "Use contextual links" permission for the user roles you want to be able to use those links.

If the module is enabled, and permissions are set properly, then please let us know which theme you are using, and which elements the gear is not shown for.

Cheers 😉

Comments

klonos's picture

Hello  👋,

There have been some bugs in the past where the contextual links were either not shown when they should, or they were hidden by another element in the page. These bugs have been solved AFAIK, but we may have missed something.

That cog is shown by the Contextual Links module, so I would start by making sure that the module is enabled, and that you have configured the "Use contextual links" permission for the user roles you want to be able to use those links.

If the module is enabled, and permissions are set properly, then please let us know which theme you are using, and which elements the gear is not shown for.

Cheers 😉

Tronico's picture

Thank you very much for the prompt response, indeed I did not have that module activated, I did not even know what it was for, hahahaha.

Greetings from Spain.

Sorry for my English.

klonos's picture

Your English is just fine 🙂 ...greetings from Greece.