install colorbox with its respective library, but it does not work as such., it only opens when you click an enlarged photo, but the arrows do not appear and the images do not move as they should. be a gallery

Accepted answer

You can change the "Mobile detection" for cell phones or other narrow devices on the Colorbox configuration page (admin/config/media/colorbox) under "Advanced Settings".

Most helpful answers

In order to make your Colorbox gallery working you should edit corresponding content type at URL address like:

/admin/structure/types/manage/page/display

(it depends on the name of your content type - my example is for standard Page content type)

You will see something like this:

The column FORMAT for your Colorbox field must be "Colorbox", not "Image".

After having that ready, click button CONFIGURE.

You should have configuration like this:

Image styles may be different.  You can setup images styles at:

/admin/config/media/image-styles

Good luck with Backdrop!

I tried to reproduce your issue: Colorbox works fine on my site. I installed Colorbox via Backdrop's built-in Project browser. Here a few questions that might help to narrow down the issue:

• How did you install Colorbox: via the built-in Project browser, or manually?
  • You wrote you installed Colorbox "with its respective library". Did you install the library separately? If so: that is not necessary, because the module comes with the library, it's in modules/colorbox/libraries. Having two libraries might be responsible for the issue.
  • If the above doesn't help: How did you configure the Colorbox content?

Comments

Olafski's picture

I tried to reproduce your issue: Colorbox works fine on my site. I installed Colorbox via Backdrop's built-in Project browser. Here a few questions that might help to narrow down the issue:

• How did you install Colorbox: via the built-in Project browser, or manually?
  • You wrote you installed Colorbox "with its respective library". Did you install the library separately? If so: that is not necessary, because the module comes with the library, it's in modules/colorbox/libraries. Having two libraries might be responsible for the issue.
  • If the above doesn't help: How did you configure the Colorbox content?

Thank you very much, you were right, the problem was having installed the library, as in drupal. Now it works well, in a notebook, the cell phone does not open the gallery, you only see a photo when you click. Sorry, I do not speak English, I'm dealing with a translator

Olafski's picture

You can change the "Mobile detection" for cell phones or other narrow devices on the Colorbox configuration page (admin/config/media/colorbox) under "Advanced Settings".

Thank you . !!!! It works perfect.
I hope to get acquainted with Backdrop.
as at the time I did it with drupal7. 
There are almost no video tutorials in Spanish of backdrop.

In order to make your Colorbox gallery working you should edit corresponding content type at URL address like:

/admin/structure/types/manage/page/display

(it depends on the name of your content type - my example is for standard Page content type)

You will see something like this:

The column FORMAT for your Colorbox field must be "Colorbox", not "Image".

After having that ready, click button CONFIGURE.

You should have configuration like this:

Image styles may be different.  You can setup images styles at:

/admin/config/media/image-styles

Good luck with Backdrop!

Thank you very much, I did it from the beginning. just that I made the mistake of putting the plugin in a separate folder as in drupal, I realized that colorbox in backdrop already brings the plugin within the module. if I start from a clean site, and I create gallery-like content, it works for me, but when I want to put a gallery field inside a node, it does not work. I'm still doing tests, it's possible that I'm missing something. It happens that I do not speak Spanish, and it complicates me more. thank you very much for the help