Hi,

i am in the middle of testing backdrop with the goal to migrate my drupal 9 sites.

Usualy i used display suite; here i try to use a layout with node/% for the type.

All my nodes are structued with specifics prefixes for each type of content type.

According the structuration   i can show or not blocks depending of the url .

But when i use a specific layout with node/%, this doesn't not work anymore.

I have certainly forgot something somewhere ..

A little help will be appreciated ..

Thnaks

Comments

Does the layout work correctly and you are just trying to get block visibility functioning?

Besides the 'node/%' context, it is possible to add 'visibility conditions' to the layout itself, or to each block on the layout. So the 'URL path' visibility condition could be set up with (for example) 'blog/*' to show for all content pages that have URLs that match that pattern.

The layout itself works correctly but at the left i have blocks that are no longer visible; yes i saw that i have visibility condition and i tried by the content type types authorised in it or url it does not work ..when i say it doesn't work it means i can see the item format by the layout itself but i cannot see the others blocks .. in my case i use lateral template and i have put the menu at the left but when i vizualize this layout i cannont see the menu .. if i deactivate the layout i can see the menu again . and i can see the item but without the format of this layout.

• Is it possible to add a few screenshots of various screens?
  • Does the menu show up if you remove all visibility conditions?
  • Do you have multiple layouts that use the node/% context?

yes if i remove visibility conditions nothing change and it is the only one layout with node/% first pic layout unactivated second pic layout activated

and a complement : i tried with another theme.. same thing the header disappears when i use layout node/%

Are you on Zulip chat? Maybe we can find a time to do a quick screen share in a private message there.

I think i found the solution to  the problem : in fact i have  to indicate the visibility not only for the complete layout but also for the header blocks and only them not the others blocks inside the layout .... was not obvious for me ....

klonos's picture

Glad it all worked out after all @philippeg

I would like to get a better understanding on where we fail in this situation. Is it the way things work in layouts/blocks and visibility conditions that is not straight-forward/intuitive, or does the UI and documentation/help text need more thought? When you get a chance, can you please raise an issue in https://github.com/backdrop/backdrop-issues/issues, providing the following:

• detailed steps to describe how to reproduce the issue, by creating some test content, a node/% layout and adding some blocks with visibility conditions configured
  • what is the expected result/behavior
  • what happens instead

Thanks for providing all this valuable feedback; it helps us build a better software for everyone.

Hi,

i never said you failed, i don't know yet; maybe  it is me that misunderstood something; i just find curious that with the layout node/% i have to take care of the visibility of the layout globally AND the blocks of the header and not the others blocks;   anyway, that's how it appeared to me; I will do some additional testing today to clarify this and get back to you afterwards.

Like i said, I have made tests from scratch of creating layouts de type node/%; all works fine; i could not reproduce the previous operation for wich i opened a case in a post; earch layout created for a contain type has a criteria of visibility on content types that works fine and each block used retrieve its own visiblity critera without a problem; i deduce that the most probably thing is i made mistakes in some parameters but i don't know wich of them; so the Backrop team did not "fail" but i did; in fact am on the process of discovering Backdrop.

And I want to take the opportunity of this post to say that Backdrop is a real step forward in terms of ease of use while retaining the power of Drupal's core; i just changed version from 1.17 to 1.17.2 online it's so easy now unlike the burden it was before. I use two techniques for my sites on the one hand the Joomla + Flexicontent couple and on the other Drupal( 9 now)  but Drupal has become too difficult to maintain in a shared environment and I was about to give up Drupal; but with Backrop, hope is reborn; in addition I have more pleasure to make sites with Drupal.

Like i said, I have made tests from scratch of creating layouts de type node/%; all works fine; i could not reproduce the previous error for wich i opened a case in a post; earch layout created for a contain type has a criteria of visibility on content types that works fine and each block used retrieve its own visiblity critera without a problem; i deduce that the most probably thing is i made mistakes in some parameters but i don't know wich of them; so the Backrop team did not "fail" but i did; i fact am on the process of discovering Backdrop.

And I want to take the opportuniy of this post to say that Backdrop is a real step forward in terms of ease of use while retaining the power of Drupal's core; i just changed version from 1.17 to 1.17.2 online it's so easy now unlike the burden it was before. I use two techniques for my sites on the one hand the Joomla + Flexicontent couple and on the other Drupal( 9 now)  but Drupal has become too difficult to maintain in a shared environment and I was about to give up Drupal; but with Backrop, hope is reborn; in addition I have more pleasure to make sites with Drupal.