i apologize for posting such newbie stuff, i am brand new to backdrop. also this is regarding a contrib module, but i cannot find any place to get support for it for backdrop. i don't want to post an issue to the queue on github, since i doubt this is an issue with the module. hopefully someone here has successfully used the module and can enlighten me.

i have installed the xmlsitemap module, and i have included my node types. on the settings page, when i select the "content" tab at the bottom, i see that each of my node types is included, and it displays the correct number of nodes for each type. however, the last column in that table is "visible", and all of my node types show zero in that column. and when i generate the sitemap, i only get the home page url in it. not all nodes are published, but many are (of about 100,000 nodes, about 4000 are published). i would expect to see urls for all published nodes in the sitemap.

am i missing something obvious? or can anyone point me to somewhere else i can ask this question? i am hesitant to post it on drupal.org, since it is specific to backdrop.

thanks for any thoughts or guidance.

Comments

drop's picture

There's no reason to apologize for posting beginner questions - that's what the forum is meant for, afterall. Just ask your questions and we'll help you through it - whatever it is! :)  Now for the question...

I haven't had this problem with the xmlsitemap before, but that doesn't mean a new bug hasn't cropped up. It also doesn't sound like you're overlooking anything obvious, but it's hard to be sure from a description. Would you be comfortable posting a screenshot of your settings page?

thanks much, drop.  i am attaching 4 images, because it is a long page and i have an old, smallish laptop. :-)   the last/4th one is the one that shows what i am talking about.

do you know what causes the module to see a post as "visible"? apparently it isn't node.status.

mysql> select type, count(type) as num_posts from node where status = 1 and type in ('state', 'city', 'bank') group by type;
+-------+-----------+
| type  | num_posts |
+-------+-----------+
| bank  |      5807 |
| city  |      4303 |
| state |         8 |
+-------+-----------+
3 rows in set (0.01 sec)

thanks again!

drop's picture

do you know what causes the module to see a post as "visible"? apparently it isn't node.status.

Hm, it looks like there's a "status" column in the xmlsitemap database table that's used to build that visible count. I wonder if perhaps that column isn't being updated properly? I think at this point it would be a good idea to create an issue in the queue for xmlsitemap:  https://github.com/backdrop-contrib/xmlsitemap/issues

As far as I can tell you're doing everything correctly!

thanks, i will do that. but first i will poke around the code to make sure that it isn't something either in my code or the data itself. unless nobody else is using this module, i'd think it would have already been reported.

so both the "access" and "status" columns in the xmlsitemap were set to 0 for all rows except the home page. i just updated them to 1, and i am now regenerating the sitemap files. it looks like it is now working. i'll know for sure when it is done, but i already see more than one file (with more than one url) in its cache directory.

thanks for your thoughts on that. i will post an issue.

drop's picture

unless nobody else is using this module, i'd think it would have already been reported.

I'm using an earlier version of the module, it could be that a change was introduced recently that broke something? *shrug*

thanks for your thoughts on that. i will post an issue.

Thank you! (and you're welcome)