Tronico's picture

Hello, I have a hosting in 1and1 and a couple of backdrop installations, in both it gives me the same error when trying to update any module:

• Error installing / updating
  • File Transfer failed, reason: /kunden/homepages/46/d221838777/htdocs/backdrop/modules/backup_migrate is outside of the /homepages/46/d221838777/htdocs/backdrop

It only happens to me in 1and1, is there any adjustment to solve this?

With Drupal it doesn't happen to me.

Thank you.

Most helpful answers

I added a pull request to the issue, you can try it out and see how it works for you.

I know the error from a site  which is hosted by Strato. Didn't found the reason so far but I've just found a related Backdrop core issue: https://github.com/backdrop/backdrop-issues/issues/3008

Comments

Tronico's picture

OK, I'll be watching if you need me to do a test.

Thank you.

An open question I had about this code - what are the circumstances that would set a value for the 'chroot' property of a FileTransfer object? I don't know how to test that.

I could put up the fix that I'm using on my site as a starting point.

Olafski's picture

I could put up the fix that I'm using on my site as a starting point.

I'm interested to test a fix. Maybe look in the core issue thread how it goes and report back here later?

I added a pull request to the issue, you can try it out and see how it works for you.

Olafski's picture

Wow, the PR works perfectly when updating a module on my site hosted by Strato. Will post details in the issue thread.