I am relatively new to Backdrop CMS and am currently working on upgrading my Drupal site to Backdrop CMS. I have 3 custom modules which were written in Drupal 7 (PHP 7.2.34). After going through the process of upgrading the module to backdrop, I am having an issue where the hook_menu (custom module menu) is not showing as expected on the home page when logging in to the site. Not sure why this is happening. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

Accepted answer

Hey @klonos, I figured out the problem here. Thanks for the propmpt reply. One thing I learnt about backdrop CMS is that the navigation menu was removed. So I created a new menu and then I wrote a callback in my hook_menu to pick up the newly made menu. After that I added the menu to my layouts and everything seemed to work! Thanks! Backdrop CMS all the way!!! 

Comments

klonos's picture

Hello  and welcome to Backdrop 👋

I do not see anything changed in hook_menu in Backdrop: https://api.backdropcms.org/api/backdrop/1/search/hook_menu

Since the modules are custom, we won't be able to help much without having a look at the code. Is there any chance that you can place these modules in a public GitHub repo, so we can have a look and confirm that everything's been ported properly?

Understanding what you are trying to achieve would also help. Perhaps there is something in Backdrop that could help you get the same functionality without these modules, or in an alternative way.

Cheers

Hey @klonos, I figured out the problem here. Thanks for the propmpt reply. One thing I learnt about backdrop CMS is that the navigation menu was removed. So I created a new menu and then I wrote a callback in my hook_menu to pick up the newly made menu. After that I added the menu to my layouts and everything seemed to work! Thanks! Backdrop CMS all the way!!!