I looked in the manual and didn't find hints on how to do this, sorry if this matter has been addressed elsewhere. I'm trying to figure out how to link Node ID with Node Name more clearly. When making changes in blocks, like existing content, nodes are listed by node ID. However, when I list all nodes under manage content, it does not list node ID. On the manage blocks screens, I'd rather have blocks show a human readable node name rather than id. Is there a way to do this, or link the two in a list? Thank you in advance, and sorry if this is an obvious question.

Accepted answer

Another (or additional) approach could be to override the Manage content view to display also the Node ID, e.g. this way:

• Go to admin/structure/views/view/node_admin_content/configure/page
  • Add the field Content: Nid, place it next to the Title, and save the view.

Comments

Olafski's picture

On the manage blocks screens, I'd rather have blocks show a human readable node name rather than id. Is there a way to do this, or link the two in a list?

To show a human readable content name rather than (or additionally to) the node id, you could use the (quite new) "Admin label" section of the block configuration dialog. In a vanilla Backdrop installation:

• Add a block of Existing content to the sidebar of the Default Layout. Under Content title or ID choose the "About" page in the autocomplete field. The result will be: About [2]
  • Scroll down (remaining in the dialog), open the Admin label section, and put the above result or something similar in the label or the description field, e.g. About [nid 2] and Displays the About page [nid 2]. Both will displayed on the Manage Blocks screen.
Olafski's picture

Another (or additional) approach could be to override the Manage content view to display also the Node ID, e.g. this way:

• Go to admin/structure/views/view/node_admin_content/configure/page
  • Add the field Content: Nid, place it next to the Title, and save the view.

Thank you! I implemented both methods. The first helps when managing blocks the second helps when listing content. Super helpful.