I'm wondering if I'm missing something - On my D7 sites, when I insert an image into a body text field, it gives me the option to add a caption below the image. I don't see any special module that enables that feature in D7. Yet in Backdrop it's not there, and I don't see any modules to add the feature.

Does it need enabling somewhere, or is it just not available in Backdrop?

Accepted answer

Hello  👋

There's an "Add a caption" checkbox when you are inserting an image in CKEditor:

That also works for existing images: double-click on the image to edit it, tick that option, and save. Once you enable that option, you'll be able to add a caption:

As we are always looking for ways to improve the user experience in Backdrop, can you please let us know what made you miss this option? Was it not clear enough perhaps? ...or not where you'd expect to find it?

Comments

klonos's picture

Hello  👋

There's an "Add a caption" checkbox when you are inserting an image in CKEditor:

That also works for existing images: double-click on the image to edit it, tick that option, and save. Once you enable that option, you'll be able to add a caption:

As we are always looking for ways to improve the user experience in Backdrop, can you please let us know what made you miss this option? Was it not clear enough perhaps? ...or not where you'd expect to find it?

Thanks Klonos -- that's what I was expecting to find, but it wasn't there. Now I see that the problem was the "Convert image captions to figure and figcaption elements" filter was unchecked in the CKEditor configuration. I don't know why it was unchecked, but checking it again, everything works right again.

Thanks again for the quick response!