themetman's picture

I have a content type with a Paragraphs Type consisting of two images.

When I add new content containing the Paragraphs Type created above, I need to add an image already on the server. I do not get the choice to browse the server as I do when adding an image to a Body Text Field. I only get the option to upload a file or browse images previously uploaded.

The images I want have not been uploaded manually, they are in a subfolder of the Files folder.

I have configured the IMCE Profile to include the root directory path as per this:

Screenshot

so it should work.

Am I missing something here?

Accepted answer

Hi themetman,

if I get it right, you uploaded the image files directly to your server (FTP?), but now need a way to browse that directory, right? Or do I misunderstand something?

The image library browser as opened by image fields or from CKEditor is only aware of File entities, probably that's the problem you struggle with.

You still could get this working, but you have to upload the images either via /file/add, or upload via IMCE. Both ways create File entities, which appear in the browser.

In case that's not your problem, maybe check the image field setting. Make sure that "Enable image browser" is enabled.

Comments

indigoxela's picture

Hi themetman,

if I get it right, you uploaded the image files directly to your server (FTP?), but now need a way to browse that directory, right? Or do I misunderstand something?

The image library browser as opened by image fields or from CKEditor is only aware of File entities, probably that's the problem you struggle with.

You still could get this working, but you have to upload the images either via /file/add, or upload via IMCE. Both ways create File entities, which appear in the browser.

In case that's not your problem, maybe check the image field setting. Make sure that "Enable image browser" is enabled.

themetman's picture

Thank you @indigoxela for your kind reply.

I understand now, so could use IMCE to upload and then be able to find it from there.

I do have "Enable image browser" in the Image Field Settings by the way.

Cheers