I'm setting up my second BD site, this time using ver 1.19. I can not get url aliases to work. I have a home page layout set that works great. It's path is set to the specific node and the visibility is set to home page. I'm using the default layout for all other pages. However, none of these other pages are shown when using their alias. They are only shown when using their node/#.

Home page is node/4.

"example.com/services"  shows in the address bar but shows the home page layout
"example.com/node/6" shows the services content

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

indigoxela's picture

Hi harpsw,

that's really odd and I can't reproduce it.

I have a home page layout set that works great. It's path is set to the specific node and the visibility is set to home page.

There might be something that interferes here.

Can you post your layout settings here for both, the home page layout and the default layout?

And maybe describe a bit more in detail, which result you're after (layout-wise).

I think you're right...something is off. I just disabled the home page layout and (I think) I'm using just the default layout for every page. Now none of the url aliases work but I can edit the page from Content using the Edit link and the node/# direct access works.

Here are my layouts - only default is enabled. The default layout is below.

Any thoughts on why the url alias isn't working?

indigoxela's picture

I just disabled the home page layout and (I think) I'm using just the default layout for every page.

Yes, that's the only one left, so it applies to every page. Nothing can interfere now.

Now none of the url aliases work

Huh? Weird. What do you get when you call one of the valid aliases?

For example: if you go to /admin/content and follow one of the links in the first column of that table, where do you land?

Do you happen to have odd redirects? Check page /admin/config/urls/redirect.

Can you also check your front page setting again, on /admin/config/system/site-information (just to make sure).

I did find a "<front>" in the redirects that I've deleted but no change. Clicking a link from either the content page or from the menu gives a "page not found"

Front page is set to node/4 "home" which is correct. Clean urls is enabled.

I may have found a possible cause in url redirects. Both node/4 and "<front>" are listed plus some core links. How do I remove them?

Update...I created another subdir and started again copying the little content I had one-by-one.....and everything works! No idea what went wrong but I'm moving on.

Thank you for your help!!!

Glad it's working and not likely the problem, but since you keep mentioning sub-directories, is there any chance an .htaccess file in a lower directory is doing something to take precedence over allowing rewrite rules?

anything is possible! Thinking about it once I had something working, I realized I had an issue creating the subdomain I'm using to develop in. I fixed the issue before installing backdrop but I wonder if that may have been the cause