I've noticed that the Views administrative page found at admin/structure/views in Backdrop does not feature any of the search field or filters that were present in Drupal 7. In D7, you could turn those filters on or off in the Settings page of the Views administration page, but this is not present in Backdrop. Am I missing something? Is this something that got somehow moved to a different module? Thanks in advance for any help or clues!  And thanks for the awesome work with Backdrop - love the platform!

Comments

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but if you add 'contextual filters' (rightmost column at the top) the view will allow you to modify the contextual filters in preview mode while you're building it, and for 'regular' filters they need to be 'exposed' with " Expose this filter to visitors, to allow them to change it " when adding/editing a filter in order for them to show along with the view results. 

Again, not sure if that's what you're referring to or if I'm misunderstanding though.

@greenstick, no, I'm referring to the Views administration page found under admin/structure/views. The Drupal 7 Views administration page looked like this:

You can see there that there is a Search field and a several Filter dropdowns that allowed you to filter your Views. When you have many Views, this was extremely helpful. You could filter for example by Views tags or by the entity type, or you could search for specific words in the Views titles or descriptions.  

These filters are not present in Backdrop currently, I believe. Thus my question.

indigoxela's picture

Hi argiepiano,

I'm referring to the Views administration page found under admin/structure/views. The Drupal 7 Views administration page looked like this...

Interesting... That setting doesn't seem to ship with Backdrop views. You're right, it exists in the D7 version of views, though.

Seems that it has been dropped when integrating Views into core. (views_ui_show_listing_filters)

You could try to add a feature request in the core issue queue.