I know there's lots of D7 information on this type of thing and I've looked at plenty, but for some reason this has been eluding me.

For the purpose of simplification, lets say I have a content type called 'article.'

I'm trying to import a bunch of articles from a D7 site I've exported to a CSV.  An article consists of a title, custom text field and a term reference field which we'll call 'colors' (machine name field_colors).  The field is a checkbox/radio buttons widget using the vocabularly 'colors'.

Non taxonomy fields work just fine on import, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the 'colors' to map/import trying different things both in the csv and 'search taxonomy terms by'.  

If I try to use 'blue' in my csv for the record to be imported and "Search taxonomy terms by Term Name", nothing happens.
If I try to use '23' and "Search taxonomy terms by Term ID", nothing happens. (where the term ID is 23 of course)

Am I just misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?  I see a lot of d7 references to workarounds for terms with parents, using feeds tamper for multiple terms with explode, multiple imports and various things - but I'm still stuck on the most basic 'how can I check off blue on a node field that's a taxonomy reference when trying to import content?'

Accepted answer

Are you using the 1.x-1.1.1 release? If so, can you give the latest dev version a try? It includes a commit related to taxonomies. If that works we can suggest a new release from the maintainers.

Comments

Are you using the 1.x-1.1.1 release? If so, can you give the latest dev version a try? It includes a commit related to taxonomies. If that works we can suggest a new release from the maintainers.

Yep, 1.x-1.1.1 - I'll see if the dev version changes anything for me, but won't be surprised if I'm making the errors here :)  Thanks!

It's working!  Awesome thanks!

I should point out that I only now noticed that that my local csv was getting cached - so that may (or may not have been) part of my earlier problem (it's entirely possible the changes I thought I was making to the source file were moot because of the cache.)  I'll stick with the dev version either way, but just for the record it may well have been my mistake from the cache on 1.x.1.1.1.

Great! Just don't forget to get back into the regular release schedule once there is a new release (a dev release may not notify of new releases). I'll tag the maintainers on Zulip to ask if they are willing to make a new release with all the latest commits.

NOTE: Feeds 1.x-1.1.2 has been released, which includes the commits referenced above.