yorkshirepudding's picture

I have a domain, let's call it example.co.uk where my website is hosted.  In order to protect my brand, I also have example.com and example.uk

Because, my company has changed names (and because I still own the domain linked to the original name as it is the primary domain on a G Suite legacy account) I also have sample.co.uk 

The domains in italics (i.e. the ones that aren't example.co.uk) are all redirected (301) to https://www.example.co.uk

Do I need to include these redirected domains in  the array of trusted host patterns? Or does the fact that they are all redirected here mean I only need to include example.co.uk in my trusted host patterns. 

Accepted answer

If the redirect is happening at the HTTP server level (or sooner), which it should be, you should not need to add the domain(s) you are redirecting from to your trusted host patterns, because by the time it hits Backdrop, it should be using the domain name it was redirected to.

Comments

oadaeh's picture

If the redirect is happening at the HTTP server level (or sooner), which it should be, you should not need to add the domain(s) you are redirecting from to your trusted host patterns, because by the time it hits Backdrop, it should be using the domain name it was redirected to.