We are working on the first of many sites that we will be converting over to Backdrop. Therefore, we may have a number of questions as we try to get through this learning curve.

To start with, the Primary Admin account that installed and set up Backdrop has rights as Editor and Admin, but Authenticated is grayed out. Under this user name, this admin can NOT see certain “posts” in the dashboard/content display of “posts”

Another user name that was added as admin, has rights as Editor and Admin, but Authenticated is grayed out. This second admin can see all the posts in the dashboard/content display of “posts”, including the ones the original admin can not see.

Does anyone have an idea as to why multiple admins get different views?

We have also noticed that some of the “posts” displayed on the front page are not listed in the “dashboard/content display of posts.”

Is there any way to see a listing of ALL of our posts, anywhere in the dashboard?

One final question is we are trying to find out:  where can we edit or alter the number of posts that are displayed on the home page.?

Thank You for any help or advise.

FTW

Accepted answer

Well, this is very odd. The only logical explanation would be permissions. I believe that the super user automatically has all permissions, but it is possible that any other admin MIGHT not have permissions to view some content. So, make sure that all admins have all the "node" permissions:

However, given your screenshot, I don't think this is the problem. Because, the second user can see some nodes of a single content type, but not others. 

We have had two similar issues recently here in the forum. 

At least one of these may have been tied to a CORE issue that has been fixed, but is not yet in the latest release of Backdrop. So, your problem might be with a fluke bug - if you are using PHP 8.0. If so, the problem should be resolved with the next release.

https://github.com/backdrop/backdrop-issues/issues/5305

Comments

@FTW, I can't say I've seen something like that but it sounds intriguing. I have a few follow up questions:

• Is this an upgrade from Drupal 7 or a fresh install that you are manually converting a site from another platform to Backdrop?
  • Do you have any access-related modules installed?
  • Any warnings in the logs?
  • Is either of the users in your example the special case user ID = 1 (super administrator)?

As to your question about the number of items in the front page feed, are you familiar with Views? That is generated with a view called "Promoted content" and the settings can be adjusted within that view (admin/structure/views/view/promoted):

Hi, Thank you for responding.

This is a brand new install, with test data loaded manually.

The one admin is the super admin and the other admin is a user that was upgraded to admin.

Access Modules: I am not sure what they are yet, but the only things we have added so far, is to change the theme and template. We are using the Lateral theme and the Boxton layout on every page so far.

As far as error messages, the only thing showing up would be "page not found" but some of that is from a spider that was looking for pages and files from our old program that was used for this domain name.

VIEWS: I am a little familiar with the "Promoted content"  as we use it for several "categories" we have set up, in order to get those posts to show up on the front "home" page, but must have missed the "pager" section. Actually I thought I had seen it previously on a sample test site we were testing out,  but could not find it again for this production site, so thank you very much for the screen shot.

So, thank you for any additional thoughts, ideas or input.

FTW

Just to be sure, are you saying that some content doesn't show on this page: admin/content (and if so, is it not showing for the super admin or the other admin?)

@laryn has already provided some good feedback. I will try to answer some specific parts of your question. 

To start with, the Primary Admin account that installed and set up Backdrop has rights as Editor and Admin, but Authenticated is grayed out.

If you are talking about the setting below on a user account page - example: http://menu-test.lndo.site/user/1/edit

Authenticated is checked and grayed out because every user has this role by definition. I don't think it is possible to remove this role. Your only option would be to block a user and prevent them from logging in. But, by definition, if you have an account and are not "blocked" then you can login as an authenticated user. "Authenticated" means that this user is able to login to the site.

Under this user name, this admin can NOT see certain “posts” in the dashboard/content display of “posts”

The primary user or "user 1" should be able to see all posts. If "user 1" is unable to see all posts, then something is configured wrong or there is some kind of bug. 

Providing some screenshots would help. 

I have access to the super admin but the other admin is gone for the day, so I will have her send me a screen shot tomorrow, to show the difference in the posts we each are allowed to see through the admin/content view as well as the front end/home page view.

Thank You

FTW

Here are the two screen shots. I am not sure if this forum will allow you to expand them or not. If you can not enlarge them to read the details, let me know.

First image is Super admin

This next image is  a regular admin, not the super admin

Hope this helps.

FTW

Well, this is very odd. The only logical explanation would be permissions. I believe that the super user automatically has all permissions, but it is possible that any other admin MIGHT not have permissions to view some content. So, make sure that all admins have all the "node" permissions:

However, given your screenshot, I don't think this is the problem. Because, the second user can see some nodes of a single content type, but not others. 

We have had two similar issues recently here in the forum. 

At least one of these may have been tied to a CORE issue that has been fixed, but is not yet in the latest release of Backdrop. So, your problem might be with a fluke bug - if you are using PHP 8.0. If so, the problem should be resolved with the next release.

https://github.com/backdrop/backdrop-issues/issues/5305

"your problem might be with a fluke bug - if you are using PHP 8.0. If so, the problem should be resolved with the next release."

Yes, we ARE using php 8.0, so thank you for the response. We will find a way to deal with this situation until the next release comes out.

Appreciate the input.

FTW