Wylbur's picture

Here's an obscure question.  I am working to port a Drupal 7 site to Backdrop, and it uses this Drupal 7 module:

https://www.drupal.org/project/remove_field_label_length_limit

Does anyone know if there is a field label length limit in Backdrop?  

Not sure why this module was used, but wanted to see if anyone ever encountered this before in Backdrop.  

Thanks!

Accepted answer

Not encountered before, but just tested. Indeed, it's not possible to enter all of the following text as a field label:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua

It stops after 128 characters:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquy

However, I don't think it's a common problem – in contrast to a field's machine name which has a limit of 32 characters.

Comments

Olafski's picture

Not encountered before, but just tested. Indeed, it's not possible to enter all of the following text as a field label:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua

It stops after 128 characters:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquy

However, I don't think it's a common problem – in contrast to a field's machine name which has a limit of 32 characters.

Thanks for that definitive answer!  I am going to convert this site to Backdrop soon, so I will see if the long titles will appear.  I'm going to work with the site owner to change the content structure of the site, hoping to negate the need for such long titles.  

I'm not going to try to port that module until I know I need it.