Just wondering what domain registrar you all use? Do you register domain names for your clients and let them manage/renew thereafter, or do you manage/renew them yourself? Do you have a domain reseller account?

I have a domain reseller account and register domain names for my clients, but I manage/renew them (so they don't have to do anything). I'm looking to change registrars though, so am wondering who's recommended...

Thoughts?

Comments

I use http://www.dotster.com/ only because it was recommended to me a while back and I've been happy with it. This is where I host my own domains. Never really compared it to other registrars. 

In the last several years, I don't think I've done any projects with with clients that had not already registered their domain themselves. 

If I were working with client that needed a new domain, I would recommend creating an account for them and their domains that I need access to, so that I can share access to the account with them. I want access to their domain, but I want to avoid the need for domains transfers in the future.

I want to make it easy for the client if they switch to a new developer. I have never really thought about using a domain reseller account. I just don't deal with many clients that don't already have a domain. 

I use gandi.net and I've been happy with it. I've moved domains from other services to it to help consolidate.