Just updated rules and on running a database update I'm getting some unresolved dependency errors:

The readme for rules says:
"In addition, Rules now requires the Entity Token module (>= 2.0.0) to be installed and enabled."

I have entity token installed and coming from the project page it's version 1.x-2.0.1.  I tried the last github files and they appear(ed) the same, or at least didn't solve the problem (my module listings no longer show the version number for token after that.)   

I suspect I may have updated both this and rules at the same time causing this issue, but now I'm not really sure how to get past the update issue.

Any thoughts much appreciated - I do have a database dump from yesterday if that's what's required - but hoping there's a better way I'm missing than reverting and trying again. 

Accepted answer

Rules now requires the latest version of Entity Tokens. Notice that version 1 of Entity Tokens is not supported anymore. In your modules folder, remove entity_token completely and do a manual download of the latest release 

https://github.com/backdrop-contrib/entity_token/releases/tag/1.x-2.0.1

Most helpful answers

Hello greenstick, I ran in a similar situation during an update today. After deleting the old module folder, downloading Entity Tokens  1.x-2.0.1 from Github and putting it in the modules directory, I was able to continue with the update.

Are you sure that you had version 1.x-2.0.1 before updating? Maybe try again as described above to verify you have the correct version.

Comments

Olafski's picture

Hello greenstick, I ran in a similar situation during an update today. After deleting the old module folder, downloading Entity Tokens  1.x-2.0.1 from Github and putting it in the modules directory, I was able to continue with the update.

Are you sure that you had version 1.x-2.0.1 before updating? Maybe try again as described above to verify you have the correct version.

God bless you for the reply.  I haven't tried as of yet (it's a live B2B site and best I wait until after hours) - but it does sound like you had the exact same problem. 

While I'll try in a few hours - but just to clarify you're uploading it with the sub directory /entity_token-1.x-2.x/  ?  Looking at my module directory now I see I actually have both that and an 'entity_token' directory after attempting manual installations from the back end - which probably isn't helping (and may explain the lack of version being shown if it's confused between the two.)

I'm hoping it's as simple as what you've described but I owe you a beer either way.  Will update here afterwards as I'm assuming this will end up being a problem for other people.

Thanks!

Thanks for the help and the module!  That fixed it (after flushing the cache on my hosting account at least.)