We are working on a pretty cool paragraphs site in Backdrop with some great paragraph functionality. My biggest frustration is the node edit page. I have to scroll forever to go up and down. 

Are there currently any modules or tools to better manage paragraphs on the node edit page. For example, to put each paragraph into an accordion with the ability to close all the paragraphs and only see their titles, then to open the one you want to work on?

If this does not exist already, is anyone interested in helping to create this. I can allocate some time from someone on my team to help - or do most of the work, with some input and suggestions.

Accepted answer

For consideration:

• You can set the Paragraphs field to display as "Preview" by default which will display them in collapsed mode (and optionally only if there are less than X paragraphs, so if there's only 1 paragraph it could be open by default, if there are 2 or more, they are collapsed by default). Preview mode uses the "Paragraphs Admin Preview" display mode to determine what to render in this preview/collapsed view.
  • You can set the Paragraphs to allow the experimental front end modal admin to simplify editing (emphasis on experimental -- feedback and PRs welcome)
  • As far as an improvement for the admin edit screen, I'd love for you and your team to consider this suggestion instead of accordions:
    https://github.com/backdrop-contrib/paragraphs/issues/131

Comments

For consideration:

• You can set the Paragraphs field to display as "Preview" by default which will display them in collapsed mode (and optionally only if there are less than X paragraphs, so if there's only 1 paragraph it could be open by default, if there are 2 or more, they are collapsed by default). Preview mode uses the "Paragraphs Admin Preview" display mode to determine what to render in this preview/collapsed view.
  • You can set the Paragraphs to allow the experimental front end modal admin to simplify editing (emphasis on experimental -- feedback and PRs welcome)
  • As far as an improvement for the admin edit screen, I'd love for you and your team to consider this suggestion instead of accordions:
    https://github.com/backdrop-contrib/paragraphs/issues/131

@laryn - Thanks so much for pointing these features out to me. My colleagues have been doing much of the work with paragraphs and may have been aware of these features, but I wasn't. They are very nice and really help with my situation.

If we are able to help with the experimental modals on the front end OR modals on the back-end, we'll try to help out.