Hello!

I have updated backdrop to the last version and I received the following error message:

oauth_common module

oauth_common module can not be updated. Its schema version is 1100. Updates up to and including 6100 have been removed in this release. In order to update oauth_common module, you will first need to upgrade to the last version in which these updates were available.

The database update then proceeds without errors or failures.

I'll appreciate any comments

Andrés

Accepted answer

I finally got to try this. The issue is the function oauth_common_update_last_removed(). It should return 7101, not 6100. You can change that manually if you wish.

Please open an issue in the issue queue for the module (although it seems pretty abandoned - but someone will pick it up eventually). 

Comments

Andrés, can you open the file oauth_common.install and look for all functions that start like function oauth_common_update_xxx()? Let me know which ones you see in your code. Also look for a function called function oauth_common_update_last_removed() and let me know if it exists and what it contains. Alejandro

Alejandro, in my code there are two functions ...update_1000() and ...update_1100().

The function contains this:

function oauth_common_update_last_removed() {
  return 6100;
}

Thanks, Andrés

Also open oauth_common.info. Do you see this?

; Added by Backdrop CMS packaging script on 2017-10-28

project = oauth

version = 1.x-3.3.2

timestamp = 1509202115

Yes, I have these lines in my code.

Andrés

One more question. Are you able to inspect the database directly? (perhaps with phpMyAdmin?). 

If so, can you open the "system" table and search for "oauth_common" under the "name" column? For the oauth_common row, under "schema version", what do you see? 

Nevermind - your original post answered this question. This is a strange error - typically, in Backdrop, and update equal or higher than 1000 is considered "larger" than 6100, so there shouldn't be an error. I'm going to try to reproduce it to see what's going on. 

I finally got to try this. The issue is the function oauth_common_update_last_removed(). It should return 7101, not 6100. You can change that manually if you wish.

Please open an issue in the issue queue for the module (although it seems pretty abandoned - but someone will pick it up eventually). 

Thank you for your response I'll try this!

Issue still not picked up in the issue queue a year later (https://github.com/backdrop-contrib/oauth/issues/10), but I can confirm a manual edit of oauth_common.install to change:

return 6100;
}

to

return 7101;
}

fixed the issue for me. We just need an update to the oauth module, but it seems there is minimal activity there...