When creating a new post, our users add the images or files (pdf) without any problems.

Now a user has discovered that when he/we want to insert an image "inline" in the text, the library opens in duplicate and also a black box triggers a complete cancellation creation of the post. ("Select from library" has been translated as "Mediathek" in our installation. No changes were made to any code.)

Backdrop 1.23.0
PHP 8.1.7
Firefox 107

Greetings, Heiner

Most helpful answers

Thanks for reporting this! The multiple instances of the file browser is definitely a bug I've been able to reproduce when "Enable image upload" is turned off. I have reported this in the issue queue. Hopefully someone will look at it soon.

As for the translation - I don't have an answer for this. Is your installation in a language other than English? Is that language selected as default? 

As for the black button, that is more likely a bug in the Color module - does your site use that module? Color has been reported to have similar problems in the past. In my opinion, it's best to disable it and just style your site by creating a subtheme and making css changes. 

Comments

Thanks for reporting this! The multiple instances of the file browser is definitely a bug I've been able to reproduce when "Enable image upload" is turned off. I have reported this in the issue queue. Hopefully someone will look at it soon.

As for the translation - I don't have an answer for this. Is your installation in a language other than English? Is that language selected as default? 

As for the black button, that is more likely a bug in the Color module - does your site use that module? Color has been reported to have similar problems in the past. In my opinion, it's best to disable it and just style your site by creating a subtheme and making css changes. 

Thank you argiepiano for your answers!

> As for the translation - I don't have an answer
> for this. Is your installation in a language other
> than English?

Sorry, my English is not good. Just wanted to say that we use a translation (admin/config/regional/translate) but did not change anything in the code.

> I've submitted a PR that fixes this issue.
> It needs to be reviewed and tested.

Here I unfortunately lack the knowledge about the required steps.

Best regards, Heiner

Heiner, the fix I submitted for the doubling of the image browser hasn't yet been reviewed. That process may take a while, but hopefully one of the main contributors to Backdrop will take a look soon, and the fix will be included in a new release of Backdrop in the near future.