jenlampton's picture

Today in the outreach meeting @stpaultim raised a fantastic suggestion: A global Backdrop Birthday party on Jan 15th, 2019.

This event can celebrate Backdrop's 4th Birthday, as well as it's 13th on-time release! 

In addition, Jan 15th 2019 will be Drupal's 18th Birthday. Those who are inclined may wish to celebrate Drupal's coming-of-age at the same event.

I would love to see at least 5 events on that day, at various locations around the globe. I've posted the first at https://backdropcms.org/news/events. 

Most helpful answers

Hi Jen,

It would be excellent if there is an option in the site / forum to look for participants by country.

I live and work in Bulgaria. And it is practically impossible to figure out how many other Bulgarians enjoy Backdrop or are interested in this CMS.

I'm searching periodically. And yesterday I came across this interesting link:

https://www.itanets.bg/backdrop-cms-hosting.html

That's indicative! I don't find many hosting providers to offer dedicated hosting for Backdrop. This is a Bulgarian hosting provider with offices in several major other countries, including Europe and USA.

So this serious investor has considered that there is a potential to offer Backdrop hosting in Bulgaria. He's made a decision about it recently. I am convinced of this potential from the very beginning of Backdrop.

But I do not know other Bulgarians who are interested and work with Backdrop. If there are - they will almost certainly be registered in the forum.

Just make such that I can find them and jointly possibly we will organize a celebration of global Backdrop Birthday Party on Jan 15th, 2019 in Bulgaria.

Comments

I've officially started planning for the Twin Cities edition of BackdropCMS's fourth birthday party. We don't have a venue yet, but consider us location #2!

Hi Jen,

It would be excellent if there is an option in the site / forum to look for participants by country.

I live and work in Bulgaria. And it is practically impossible to figure out how many other Bulgarians enjoy Backdrop or are interested in this CMS.

I'm searching periodically. And yesterday I came across this interesting link:

https://www.itanets.bg/backdrop-cms-hosting.html

That's indicative! I don't find many hosting providers to offer dedicated hosting for Backdrop. This is a Bulgarian hosting provider with offices in several major other countries, including Europe and USA.

So this serious investor has considered that there is a potential to offer Backdrop hosting in Bulgaria. He's made a decision about it recently. I am convinced of this potential from the very beginning of Backdrop.

But I do not know other Bulgarians who are interested and work with Backdrop. If there are - they will almost certainly be registered in the forum.

Just make such that I can find them and jointly possibly we will organize a celebration of global Backdrop Birthday Party on Jan 15th, 2019 in Bulgaria.

Thanks for the info!

But this is only a list of contractors, not with participants in the forum. There I did not find anyone from Bulgaria, but in Bulgaria there is at least one interested in Backdrop and that's me. I cannot find there myself, how can I be sure that I can find others from my country - if they exists?

This information is also not found in the forum, but in a separate main site of Backdrop, which requires another registration, another name and password.

I think it will be a significant success for the forum on Backdrop and it's popularity if it takes advantage of the options that are contained latently in the system and are one of it's greatest advantages:

• Extended profiles where participants in the forum can fill in additional data about themselves and search this information - company, activity, interests, photo, country, address, social network pages, etc.
  • Private messages to another forum participants
  • Ability to subscribe to selected user's posts

In short, it would be useful if the forum of Backdrop can also works as a social network for Backdrop interested people.

I know you work a lot with Facebook and Twitter as social networking platforms.

But please take into account that there are also people like me, and they are not few, and are potential users of Backdrop who do not want to participate and have nothing to do with Facebook and Twitter.

Please keep the courage to create your own social network, not to use external where your voice is muted by the overall cacophony.