Hello!

I would like to ask a question about were I can find the solution to the issue with my layout with field blocks.

I followed this tutorial:  2 Min Quick Tip - Field Blocks (Backdrop CMS). The existent content shows well, but If I try to edit, the fields are blocked.

If I try to add new content, of the type for which I created the layout, the site goes to a blank page with the message:

Call to a member function bundle() on bool.

Seeing log messages I found:

Error: Call to a member function bundle() on bool en EntityBundleLayoutAccess->checkAccess() (línea 89 de .../core/modules/layout/plugins/access/entity_bundle_layout_access.inc).

Warning: Attempt to read property "nid" on string en EntityIDLayoutAccess->checkAccess() (línea 108 de .../core/modules/layout/plugins/access/entity_id_layout_access.inc).

Warning: Attempt to read property "nid" on null en EntityIDLayoutAccess->checkAccess() (línea 108 de .../core/modules/layout/plugins/access/entity_id_layout_access.inc).

Thank you in advance!

Andrés

Comments

Hi Andrés,

Can you please post more details about the layout itself? For example, you could export the layout and post it here. 

Also, when you say "If I try to add new content, of the type for which I created the layout, the site goes to a blank page with the message" do you mean that this problem happens AFTER you save the node, or when opening the node form itself? 

Interesting, but I couldn't find "Field blocks" in the list of available modules.

A little off topic, but maybe it will be useful to someone.  For some it's easier to work with layouts, but for me it's easier to work with CSS, I don't like layouts.

If I need to create a unique layout with fields, I use a "Field Group", put the fields in separate containers and use CSS Flex or Grid, including creating options for different screen widths. In my opinion, this is a faster and more correct way.