I installed module ShareThis from the admin form backdrop cms. And finish with the settings...

Then I check on any pages on the site for example here https://nloinfo.com/posts/luna-2019-god-nlo

If I check the code of the web page I found this lines:

<script src="//platform-api.sharethis.com/js/sharethis.js#property=5d9d93502303400012f93164&amp;product=Inline Share Buttons"></script>

<div class="sharethis-inline-share-buttons"></div> </div>

But I can not see nothing. Buttins are invisible? Even if I choose ShareThis buttons block in Layouts.

Any help?

Accepted answer

Hi All,

Thanks for this post. I'm running ShareThis in production on a few sites without issue.

Do you think you have any ad blockers on the browsers that might be preventing the icons from showing? ShareThis has tracking code which tracks viewers all over the web -- not just the site you have it installed on. Because of this, ad-blocking or privacy protection tools often block the sharing icons.

Most helpful answers

Hi. You are right. I check my adblock plugins in Mozilla Firefox and found plugin '"Ghostery", because of this plugin buttons was invisible. But browser Brave have local adblocker and inside this browser buttons still not showing.

But never mind, the most of browser show buttons from site ShareThis. Module works great!

Update. Interesting things happens. 2 my browsers: Firefox and Brave, don't showing this buttons from ShareThis, but when I open site with Chromium and Opera, and also mobile Firefox - it's working. Don't understand why Firefox and Brave hide these buttons...

Module seems like working but problem with visibility...

This is really interesting because I work on vps, real server and real site (link above).

I register on sharethis.com first, after i add their code on my web site.

Thanks for the link on github, I also dublicate problem there...

Comments

It's interesting that you raised this question today, because I had the same problem just yesterday. 

I assume that it might be because I was working locally and Sharethis requires that you register your domain on their site.

Did you register your domain at: https://sharethis.com

I'll be curious if you did. In the meantime, I'll try to test this module on my dev server tonight and see if that helps. 

Here is a link to the issue I created in the issue queue for this module. Please, feel free to add info or comment there: https://github.com/backdrop-contrib/sharethis/issues/26

Are you working on local laptop/computer or is the site on a server?

This is really interesting because I work on vps, real server and real site (link above).

I register on sharethis.com first, after i add their code on my web site.

Thanks for the link on github, I also dublicate problem there...

Update. Interesting things happens. 2 my browsers: Firefox and Brave, don't showing this buttons from ShareThis, but when I open site with Chromium and Opera, and also mobile Firefox - it's working. Don't understand why Firefox and Brave hide these buttons...

Module seems like working but problem with visibility...

jenlampton's picture

Hi All,

Thanks for this post. I'm running ShareThis in production on a few sites without issue.

Do you think you have any ad blockers on the browsers that might be preventing the icons from showing? ShareThis has tracking code which tracks viewers all over the web -- not just the site you have it installed on. Because of this, ad-blocking or privacy protection tools often block the sharing icons.

Hi. You are right. I check my adblock plugins in Mozilla Firefox and found plugin '"Ghostery", because of this plugin buttons was invisible. But browser Brave have local adblocker and inside this browser buttons still not showing.

But never mind, the most of browser show buttons from site ShareThis. Module works great!