vstemen's picture

Hi. I just upgraded a test site to 1.11.0.
Nice features. Backdrop is looking better and better.
However, there are a couple of issues I am seeing.

The new color module in the theme settings is not showing the preview. The whole preview area is just blank white.

I think it's great that there is now a Rich Text Editor File Browser. I am getting the new library selection dialog when I click on the image icon in ckeditor, however when I click on an image it does not select it and when I click on the insert button, the dialog goes away and the image is not inserted.

I have tested with firefox 56.2.0 and chrome 59.0.3071.115 on FreeBSD.

Most helpful answers

Thanks @barney,

Can you tell us what version of Safari you are using?

I've created an issue for the problem youve reported as well (https://github.com/backdrop/backdrop-issues/issues/3295) but the version information would really help us diagnose and resolve the issue.

OK. Thanks herb. I just re-tested today after seeing your response and both are working. I was thinking I had cleared the cache yesterday after upgrading but perhaps I didn't. I know I ran updatedb.

The new color module preview is pretty nice. I see it is now a live preview of the site, where I can view sub-pages. Not just a screenshot of the front page.

Nice work everybody.

I just upgraded my blog and tested. I am unable to replicate your problems. Both the color preview and the image library selection are working for me. I've tested with Firefox 62.

Did you clear the cache?

Comments

I just upgraded my blog and tested. I am unable to replicate your problems. Both the color preview and the image library selection are working for me. I've tested with Firefox 62.

Did you clear the cache?

vstemen's picture

OK. Thanks herb. I just re-tested today after seeing your response and both are working. I was thinking I had cleared the cache yesterday after upgrading but perhaps I didn't. I know I ran updatedb.

The new color module preview is pretty nice. I see it is now a live preview of the site, where I can view sub-pages. Not just a screenshot of the front page.

Nice work everybody.

jenlampton's picture

I was thinking I had cleared the cache yesterday after upgrading but perhaps I didn't. I know I ran updatedb.

That's strange - running update.php is supposed to clear the caches. I've also experienced problems with cache clearing durung updates - so I've created an issue so we can look into this further: https://github.com/backdrop/backdrop-issues/issues/3294

Did you run the update using drush? (I notice you specifically stated `updatedb.`)

vstemen's picture

Hi Jen.  Yes.  I ran it using drush.

Drush Version   :  8.2-dev

Stunning on Firefox, but color preview does not seem to render properly in Safari.

Have deleted cache and updated db

Yes..it's Version 12.0 

Thanks for following up.