robertgarrigos's picture

I would like to have a multiple image field formatted as a slideshow, possibly combined with colorbox. This is, I would like to show the multiple images of the field as a single image with the typical helpers of a slide show (counter or graphical indicators) and show a colorbox gallery when clicked on. Is that possible with an existing contrib module?

Accepted answer

I've done this a few times. Here is what I do:

• Hide the field from display
  • Use a view and select to display each image on its own row (under multiple items)
  • Add a contextual filter to node id
  • Include that view block on the page, either using Block Reference or a block in a layout.

I haven't done with colorbox, but I think you probably could.

Sometimes I use Views Bootstrap, but I'm also using Views Slideshow Cycle2 (disclaimer: I'm the maintainer of that) quite a bit and both can do counters.

Comments

I've done this a few times. Here is what I do:

• Hide the field from display
  • Use a view and select to display each image on its own row (under multiple items)
  • Add a contextual filter to node id
  • Include that view block on the page, either using Block Reference or a block in a layout.

I haven't done with colorbox, but I think you probably could.

Sometimes I use Views Bootstrap, but I'm also using Views Slideshow Cycle2 (disclaimer: I'm the maintainer of that) quite a bit and both can do counters.

robertgarrigos's picture

Thanks, I ended up creating a block view with flexslider display which shows images as colorbox.