Maybe this forum could use a section for community introductions.

-----------

I run a small web dev shop focused on Drupal. Like many others I've been slow to accept the fate of D8 as an enterprise solution that essentially takes shops like mine out of the equation. We are happy with D7 at the moment, but I'm hesitant to build new sites in D7 if an EOL is looming, and I think that D8 is simply not an option.

According to my records I've been following Backdrop since the end of 2013 (has it really been that long?) with eager anticipation. I started playing with Backdrop at the end of 2017 and I have been very happy with what I've seen so far.

I have a couple of small projects coming up for which I would want to use D7, and I'm going to try to use Backdrop instead. I'll also try to participate and contribute back as opportunities arise. The first thing I'm working on is a flexible theme I can use for projects.

Comments

Welcome Jose; you're right of course, Backdrop is the way to go. 

We're trying to keep the Forum compact for now, since we do not have many moderators, but maybe an introduction space will be good, once we have the help!

drop's picture

Maybe this forum could use a section for community introductions.

How about we use this thread for now? Once we get more members (and more moderators) we could move this thread into it's own category :) Can I go next?

My name is Drop and I am the Backdrop CMS mascot. I am a young dragon, and I love people. I like helping people with Backdrop most of all, but I also like tasty snacks, and warm places to sleep.

I don't do anything professionally (because I'm a dragon). I'm not sure where I'm from because I don't understand the lines on maps, but it's warm here, there are snacks, and the people are friendly.