It would be useful if the names of the authors of the topics and comments in the Forum are links to their profiles (for registered users). And at the author's profile page to be able to read the information he posted about himself and the history of his posts in the Forum. (like D7 Traker module)

This personal information may include a country, city, profession, interests, personal site or social network page.

It would then be possible to make a subscription to the topics and comments of selected users.

Because I find certain comments particularly useful and informative and I would like to see other publications from the same author.

And in a more distant perspective, it could also be possible to build a personal messages option to authors who allow personal messages to them.

So the forum would have more functions of social network.

For example, I live in Bulgaria, in Sofia city. 

And if I see that other users are also from Bulgaria, I would contact them personally and probably we will create a club of friends of Backdrop in Bulgaria and may be local Backdrop site in Bulgarian, local meetings etc.

And that would be very useful for the development of the whole community.

Comments

drop's picture

It would be useful if the names of the authors of the topics and comments in the Forum are links to their profiles

This is a great idea, thanks for the suggestion. I've made the change :)

This personal information may include a country, city, profession, interests, personal site or social network page.

We are working on joining the profiles here on the forum to the user account information on the main backdropcms.org site. There, all the information you requested is already present. We don't want to make people provide all the same information twice (or more!)

And in a more distant perspective, it could also be possible to build a personal messages option to authors who allow personal messages to them.

This is already possible on the main site, too. We'll try to get the two sites linked together soon!