Previously, on our site, that was built with Drupal Version 7.5 (I think), I could look at the Mysql database upon which my site was built with PhpMyAdmin, which I could access through CPanel.

I was able to query and even update the database with PhpMyAdmin. The most  common query I made was to count the number of times a given page ('node' with query key field being 'nid') had been read.

Now that the site has been transformed from Drupal into a Backdrop site, I don't know how to find that information with Backdrop, other than to look at the read count on that page or else on an introduction along with other page introductions  on my browser.

Could someone advise if, and how, I can do this with Backdrop? Do I need to install a non-core module in order to accomplish this?

Thank you for reading this.

Most helpful answers

Could you show me, from which sub-menu, within the administrative menu (which appears at the top of candobetter.net main page, when I log in with the admin account)... I can find an interface to access to examine the structure of the database and query its contents?

I think that @Oadeh meant that it works the same as in Drupal 7. I don't think that there is anything in the core package of Drupal 7 that will allow you to do the above. 

If you ran database queries with PHPMyAdmin in Drupal 7, you can do the same with BackdropCMS. 

It is possible that you were using a contributed module in Drupal 7 and it is possible that the specific module you mentioned is not available for Backdrop, but it may be possible to port that module. 

Here are some modules for Backdrop that MIGHT help you?

Comments

oadaeh's picture

You should be able to look at your Backdrop database in the same way you did with your Drupal database. The two database schemas are very similar.

If you still cannot find what you are looking for, you need to provide more specific details as to what you are looking for and how you are doing it, so someone can guide you.

Oadeh wrote:

You should be able to look at your Backdrop database in the same way you did with your Drupal database.

Could you show me, from which sub-menu, within the administrative menu (which appears at the top of candobetter.net main page, when I log in with the admin account):

Home, Dashboard, Content, User Accounts, Appearence, Functionality, Structure, Configuration and Reports,

... I can find an interface to access to examine the structure of the database and query its contents?

Oadeh wrote:

... you need to provide more specific details as to what you are looking for and how you are doing it. ...

As I said above, I need to find a way to find out how many times any blog page has been read. In Drupal, I think I remember that this was stored in a table node_counter, with two fields, nid and node_count.

I also hope to be able to rationalise the descriptive tags tables with a  join update query in order that each concept in those tables is labeled only by one tag in those tables, rather than by two or more duplicate tags as is now often the case.

I might add that I intend to first attempt to do this myself on a downloaded off-line copy of that web-site.  If I am able to I will be able to show the adminstrators what I want them to do.

Could you show me, from which sub-menu, within the administrative menu (which appears at the top of candobetter.net main page, when I log in with the admin account)... I can find an interface to access to examine the structure of the database and query its contents?

I think that @Oadeh meant that it works the same as in Drupal 7. I don't think that there is anything in the core package of Drupal 7 that will allow you to do the above. 

If you ran database queries with PHPMyAdmin in Drupal 7, you can do the same with BackdropCMS. 

It is possible that you were using a contributed module in Drupal 7 and it is possible that the specific module you mentioned is not available for Backdrop, but it may be possible to port that module. 

Here are some modules for Backdrop that MIGHT help you?

I would like to reinforce what @oadaeh already said. Backdrop uses and treats the database in virtually the same way that Drupal 7 did. I'm not sure of any reason why you can't do the same thing you did on your Drupal 7 site with Backdrop (or with PHPMyAdmin). 

The main difference, in my opinion, between how Drupal and Backdrop work with the database, is that Backdrop has removed configuration from the database and stores it mostly in .json files in your files directory.

Are you just looking to see often a page has been accessed?

Also - I don't think this answers your question, but you can find out a little information about the database your site is using on the status page: /admin/reports/status