jenlampton's picture

Hello everyone!  We've just released Backdrop 1.10, and would love your feedback!  A summary of new features can be found in our blog.

Most helpful answers

Hello. Thank you for your work, this is really an impressive result. I tried to do a test site and noticed, it would be great to have the ImageField Tokens module in the kernel. This is a simple function, but very useful for an editor with a large amount of work.

Comments

Hi, i just installed Backdrop yesterday.

It' s is a piece of cake, for someone who is familiar with the Drupal Hooks and API.

Thanks a lot...

Robert

klonos's picture

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback @hyp1! ...if you liked D7, I'm sure you'll love Backdrop :)

Thanks for giving it a go. We put a lot of love and effort into it, so please enjoy and keep the feedback (good or bad) coming.

Greetings, new possibilities are excellent.

I looked at them in a hurry and think that Backdrop becomes more and more powerful and useful CMS.

I saw how custom blocks are translated, but is this also possible for system blocks?

Translatable menus are a big step towards a better multilingual system.

I ask myself what is the relationship of this approach to the i18n module, which I know is being developed - there should be also translatable blocks and menus as in Drupal i18n:

https://github.com/backdrop-contrib/i18n

Also, can we expect in a similar way translatable taxonomies in the core rather than through an external module?

Also is this a sign what we should expect from  «Expanded multi-lingual support.» that is set as in  Goals for 2.0:

https://backdropcms.org/roadmap#2.0

@amilenkov I don't think we'll finish porting i18n anytime soon since we're trying to slowly incorporate simpler translation functionality into core. Hopefully including taxonomy. There's an open issue for it.

Hello. Thank you for your work, this is really an impressive result. I tried to do a test site and noticed, it would be great to have the ImageField Tokens module in the kernel. This is a simple function, but very useful for an editor with a large amount of work.