I asked a question about how to create an admin label for collapsed paragraphs during editing in this issue queue post (https://github.com/backdrop-contrib/paragraphs/issues/135).

It was hear that I learned about the display mode for "Paragraphs Editor Preview." 

However, it's not clear to me how to use this and I can't find any documentation for this in Backdrop or Drupal 7. 

I've added an "admin label" field to my "existing content" paragraph and I have these two display modes. 

It doesn't seem to matter what I do here:

The Admin label always shows in the same place when the paragraph is in edit mode, does not display at all in collapsed mode, and does not appear when rendering the paragraph. It's not clear to me that this display mode is being used anywhere. 

What am I missing?

Can I use this to add an Admin label to my paragraphs when they are collapsed on node edit page?

Accepted answer

OK, I did some more testing and figured this one out. 

In the paragraphs field setting for each content type you are using them, you can make the following selection for Default Edit Mode. 

I was in "Closed" but needed to be in "Preview." This is not at all what I expected to happen when I made this selection, but it works. 

I may be late to the party, but I'm really excited about paragraphs and how well they seem to work for Backdrop. 

Comments

OK, I did some more testing and figured this one out. 

In the paragraphs field setting for each content type you are using them, you can make the following selection for Default Edit Mode. 

I was in "Closed" but needed to be in "Preview." This is not at all what I expected to happen when I made this selection, but it works. 

I may be late to the party, but I'm really excited about paragraphs and how well they seem to work for Backdrop.