cellear's picture

Starting a thread :)

My plan is to resurrect my currently dormant "EBDUG" meetup, which conveniently can stand for "East Bay Backdrop and Drupal Users Group" :p

I even have a domain name for it, though the existing site appears to be borked: http://ebdug.org/

Most helpful answers

Well, look at that...the future has become the present.

As previously, umm, announced, let's have a loose planning meeting on Oct 4 (which is currently tomorrow) at Sideshow Kitchen in Oakland.  It's convenient for some :) 

https://www.sideshowkitchen.com/

I'll send an announcement to the EBDUG list on meetup, which will undoubtedly surprise most of the people on the list.  And we'll see what happens.

Comments

jenlampton's picture

I'd love to attend a monthly Backdrop meet-up! @cellear, do we want to change the name to EBBDUG?

I'd even be happy to host one at Sideshow, in North Oakland. Sideshow is a dog-friendly, kid-friendly venue, serving food and beer.

I'd also be willing to attend a meet-up at another venue. Maybe someplace closer to a BART station?

cellear's picture

Well, look at that...the future has become the present.

As previously, umm, announced, let's have a loose planning meeting on Oct 4 (which is currently tomorrow) at Sideshow Kitchen in Oakland.  It's convenient for some :) 

https://www.sideshowkitchen.com/

I'll send an announcement to the EBDUG list on meetup, which will undoubtedly surprise most of the people on the list.  And we'll see what happens.

jenlampton's picture

Can we push it one week, till Thurs Oct 11th? I'm leaving town tomorrow night, and that might give others more time to plan ahead too.

cellear's picture

Sure, that would be fine.  Next week would actually work better for me, I was only sticking with this date because I had previously committed to it.

Let’s do it on the 11th.

cellear's picture

Actually, there's an SFDUG meeting already scheduled on Oct 11.  (When did they move that to Thursdays?  I thought they were always the third Wednesday?)  Even though it's a planning meeting, it doesn't seem ideal to schedule it opposite EBDUG, in case anybody wants to go to both.  (Like me, for example :) )

How about the day before, Oct 10?

jenlampton's picture

How about the day before, Oct 10?

That works for me. We could also do the day after, Oct 12th, if you wanted to use SFDUG to promote EBBDUG :)

cellear's picture

So it turns out I have a conflict on Wednesday, Oct 10.  Embarrassingly, I need to reschedule the meeting I just scheduled.  

cellear's picture

So...now I've scheduled the pre-meeting for next Thursday, Oct 18.  I was originally aiming to have the first "real" meeting then, but so it goes.  I was hoping to get it going before Badcamp, but maybe this is better -- it lets me socialize it at Badcamp, which might make more sense. After all, Berkeley is in the East Bay :)

cellear's picture

Let's push it to after BADCamp, this time doesn't seem good to anybody.  It would probably be better after BADCamp